Perched on the headland and surrounded by beautiful coastline, the Tathra Hotel has been a welcoming meeting place for over 100 years. Come along and enjoy the charm of a traditional country hotel in a family-friendly atmosphere.
Ten beers and two ciders on tap - we have decided to support Australian independent smaller breweries and cider makers plus a couple of beers from Coopers.
The Tathra Hotel will soon be home of the Humpback Brewery, an Independent Craft Brewery which will operate from inside the Tathra Hotel!
The HOTEL OPEN at 10am every day for morning tea or coffee.
The BISTRO OPEN every day for lunch and dinner. Check menu here.
If the dining area is full, there are still plenty of tables in the bar and on the deck.
The Tathra Hotel reopened on Nov. 16, 2017 after 18 months of rebuilding / renovation.
As promised - not a poker machine or TAB betting slip in sight.
Go to NEWS page to read our Monthly News Letter.
- The hotel is open from 10am every day.
- New brewery equipment arrived from China at the hotel in Sep. and we are working on installation for our Humpback Brewery!! We are hoping to start brewing in October.
- Every Wednesday "Where in the World?" DINNER as we dish up a different cuisine from around the world
- Every Sunday "SUNDAY ROAST" Lunch and Dinner
- Every Saturday and Sunday evening LIVE MUSIC 4:30-7:30pm. Free admission.
- [Sorry, not in Oct.]1st Friday of the month OPEN MIC NIGHT Email for registration to firstname.lastname@example.org
- COFFEE CAKE SPECIAL $10 all day everyday until we run out the cake!
- SNOWY MOUNTAINS COOKIE & HOT DRINK: $5
Early bird between 10am - 11am (Mon - Fri)
After school or work 3:30pm - 5:30pm (Mon - Fri)
*Now stocking Gingerbread Men & Gluten Free ‘Love Chocolate’.
[ Oct 3rd, 17th, 27th 10:30 AM – 1:30 PM ]
- CREATIVE Workshop with Tathra Firebirds: Limit 20 people. To AID COMMUNITY RECOVERY EFFORTS. See Tathra Hotel Facebook page or Contact Amanda on 0419 606 001 for more info.
Welcome to October – the best month for whale watching! We are looking forward to locking up the Sundeck and returning to the coast. It’s been a terrific season in the mountains – hopefully Tathra will have an equally good summer as it continues to recover from the fires in March.
The hotel continues to “tick over” nicely with a mix of special and regular events. The international food nights on Wednesday (WHERE IN THE WORLD? DINNER) have been popular – our new head chef Mike Armstrong seems to have settled in well.
As we move into the warmer months our LIVE MUSIC will be on Saturday and Sunday afternoons,starting at 4.30pm. On October 7 we welcome back Wrack and Ruin, their first appearance since their fateful show on Christmas Eve. Phil Moriarty is back in good health and performing well… We are very excited to have Jan Preston, Australia’s queen of boogie piano coming at the end of the month – on Friday 26th(8pm) we will screen the 1927 silent film “The Kid Stakes” accompanied by Jan playing her wonderful score. On Saturday 27th Jan will do an afternoon show.
THE HUMPBACK BREWERY equipment has arrived from China! Everyone was relieved that all the measurements worked out and the equipment made it through the doors and into the brewery space behind the bar. There is quite a bit of plumbing, electrical and refrigeration work to be done hooking everything up but we are hoping to start brewing in October.
The TROVE, the antique, art & collectable shop and the Cool Room Gallery are now closed.
Contact for the TROVE shop: Sharon Stevens & Werner Lehwald 0420 764 580
8-12 Bega Street,
Open 7days from 10am
Mon-Fri 11.30am - 2pm/
5.30pm - 8pm
Sat - Sun 11.30am - 2.30pm/
5.30pm - 8pm
*Our Snack Menu will run from 2.30pm till 5pm during live music sessions.
*Public Holiday - Close on Christmas Day and Boxing Day. Other day opens from 11:30am.
(02) 6494 1101